
Babirye enjoys her ice cream -- a rare treat!
Well, for a few days I've been hoping to time to let you know what all we're getting done. But I guess I've been so busy getting things done that I just haven't gotten around to it! I am headed to the other home in Mpigi in just a bit so can't write a lot now, but with the aid of some pictures, hopefully I can update you a little.


The jaajas were here! Jaaja is Luganda for grandmother. The director Nathaniel's mother, Sue, and grandmother, Marge, came for a few weeks. The children were in heaven and enjoyed lots of time with the jaajas, and of course plenty of treats. Sue took a little time with the housemoms, teaching and encouraging them. Marge, a fabulous quilter, gave a mini-lesson to the older girls in quilting -- and in the important art of button-sewing. Marge will soon be 87 and this is her first visit to Africa! On the last day, they treated the children to ice cream! As Nathaniel said, it's hard to compete with jaajas...

The school is nearing completion. The painting is done, the tall tables are built, we've set it up in a great new layout and we've been hanging some new posters. This picture shows some of the older boys cutting triangles of wood to use as frames for the posters. I promise some before and after pictures of the school very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment